Experimenting with cathode parameters
In order to obtain fast accurate convergence the user should experiment with the cathode parameters:
(1) the initial temperature or current density for the first iteration,
(2) the final temperature or maximum current density for all the later iterations, and
(3) the damping factor,
(4) the number of iterations,
(5) the depth 'd' of the 'cathode space-charge region',
(6) the number of interpolation points,
(7) the number of cathode rays and
(8) the cell spacing if the cell method of assigning space-charge is being used, or
(9) the tube thickness or radius if the tube method is being used.
Return to general note on iterating cathode systems.